Old 12-01-2009, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Red Tomatoe Red Tomatoe is offline

Default Onion planting times

On Jan 12, 2:11*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
There are varying bits of advice on when onions should be planted, and
I just plant when the opportunity arrises!
"Plant on the shortest day, harvest on the longest day".
I always thought that applied to shallots. *I heard it years ago from
Arthur Billett. *Is that right? *Can onions be planted at the same
time as shallots?
It can't apply to garlic, which is best planted in October.

Pam in Bristol

I have for ther first time planted the autumn,. over winter onions,
they aleady have green shoots would that be right||?

Red Tomatoe