Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nan & Rich Zitney Nan & Rich Zitney is offline

Default Happy NY 2009

On Jan 10, 11:05 pm, kathy wrote:
I'll answer for Jan as we live 5 minutes apart.
We are getting our flooding now. The Yakima River is cresting today.
I know one road is blocked and a couple houses surrounded by water
but nobody flooded out. And it should stay that way. We've had worse.
Passes shut down, I-5 shut down for a while - that was pretty major.

k :-)

Glad y'all are alright. It's a scary time weather wise in several
parts of the country, muchless the world.
Here in DE we seem to avoid most snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and
floods. Being on a peninsula the soil is mostly sandy, with some
clay, and no hills, just a few lumps. Our biggest problem is worrying
about the trees that surround the house falling on it. We try to get
them down if they look at all suspicious, but Mom Nature has the last
say. The humidity in the summer is suffocating, but the pool makes
that bearable, and the garden and fish pond keep us out of trouble!!
Best wishes for 2009!