Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Happy NY 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:00:42 EST, "Nan & Rich Zitney"
wrote:

Glad y'all are alright. It's a scary time weather wise in several
parts of the country, muchless the world.
Here in DE we seem to avoid most snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, and
floods. Being on a peninsula the soil is mostly sandy, with some
clay, and no hills, just a few lumps. Our biggest problem is worrying
about the trees that surround the house falling on it. We try to get
them down if they look at all suspicious, but Mom Nature has the last
say. The humidity in the summer is suffocating, but the pool makes
that bearable, and the garden and fish pond keep us out of trouble!!
Best wishes for 2009!

Completely missed the part where you asked if we were close to the disaster
areas. Kathy & I are up a hill, probably over 100 ft above from where the
flooding (in our area) is happening. If Grand Coulee dam broke we might get
worried. ;-) Otherwise we're not near the mountains but in the desert of WA
state.

I am glad during the recent wind storm that DH took down the dead maple
tree that was next to the house this fall. Even if the main part of the
tree didn't fall over, I'm sure lots of limbs would have been snapping as
it was quite brittle. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us