Old 13-01-2009, 01:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Hackberry tree help

Call and write mother once in awhile. She never, ever asks for help. Xmas
is typically held at my brother's house. Haven't been at mother's house for
3 years until yesterday. What I found was there were hackberry trees
growing amongst the chain link fence. A few were nearing 3" in diameter at
the trunk. Some interlaced themselves with the chain link fencing in and
out of the fence like sewing. It took me a couple of hours to cut down all
the hackberry trees and small saplings on just one course of the fence.
Some still remain intertwined with the fencing. The chainsaw's chain is
dull as a butter knife now due to briefly hitting the fencing once in
awhile. I still have 3 courses of fence to go.

How do I get rid of the hackberry trees for good?

The municipality only does tree cutting pickup in spring. So, I still have
to cut all to length to fit in garbage bags.
--
Dave