Old 14-01-2009, 09:24 PM
danny22 danny22 is offline
Registered User

Default Repotting Umbrella plant

Hi everyone,

My mother has had an umbrella plant for ages, not very well looked after unfortunately.

It is severely root bound - practically no soil in the pot, only roots. I just tried to water it, and the water didn't drain off the top for about 60 seconds, just pooled on top of the exposed roots.

It is, however, growing new growth

I was wondering if, when repotting into a larger pot, I should break down the rootball a bit to loosen them up? Or just pop it straight into new soil as it is?

Any idea how to take a cutting from this? I would kind of like one of my own

Thank you in advance!