Old 18-01-2009, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Orange Tomatoes

In message , Nartker
writes
For several years Seed Savers sold a medium sized, orange cluster tomato
seed. I think it was called the Flamme Jume (sic)or something like that.
It was apparently bred for sun drying. I found them to be great for
salads.

It is no longer listed in their catalog. My crop failed last year and I
have no seed.

Can some one recommend a source?

If you can get a small tomato called Sungold "over there" I can't
recommend it too highly. It has a bigger sister called Sungella (not as
sweet) but Sungold ..... not much bigger than a quarter .... is the
sweetest you will ever taste. My kinds and grandchildren eat them like
grapes ... just as well they are such abundant fruiters (Sungold - not
the kids!).

Having written the above I recognise that it is unlikely they will be
marketed under the same name as "over here" (UK). This link may help as
it gives the Latin name rather than the brand name.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plant...ges/4390.shtml

HTH
--
Gopher .... I know my place!