Old 18-01-2009, 06:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default move to Alabama

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:10:01 EST, "Gail F." wrote:

Howdy - I used to live near San Antonio TX (& was once involved in the
creation of RPM), now I'm in the Huntsville AL area.

Gail, Welcome back. I bet if you installed a newsreader your ISP might
carry RPM. Otherwise there are other free newsreaders out there. Google
works, but I like that I can delete or save messages, and put them in alpha
and date order.

Don't worry too much about the raccoons, they can be dealt with. Make sure
they can't get their little paws thru whatever barrier you put between them
and the water.

After 12 years of only having one minor problem with them, my motion
sprinkler either wasn't turned up high enough or they'd gotten use to
it.... plus a population explosion in the area. I had 2 of them team up to
take one of my nicest, biggest, oldest fish. :'-( I've since put hot wire
(on a timer) around the koi ponds, so far no problems around the lily pond.
Now they just raid the squirrel feeder at night. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us