Old 19-01-2009, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Orange Tomatoes

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 09:21:42 -0600, " Nartker"
wrote:

For several years Seed Savers sold a medium sized, orange cluster tomato
seed. I think it was called the Flamme Jume (sic)or something like that.
It was apparently bred for sun drying. I found them to be great for
salads.

It is no longer listed in their catalog. My crop failed last year and I
have no seed.

Can some one recommend a source?

One of our favourite suppliers for seeds here in Canada is Solana
Seeds. They have hundreds of heirloom seeds including more than 200
varieties of tomato. We have excellent germination with their seeds.
Lots of hard to find varieties.
http://solanaseeds.netfirms.com/welcome.html
From their catalogue:
Jaune Flammée
Salad size yellow-orange fruits with red markings inside. Unique
flavor. Nice appearance. Click thumbnails for details. Great variety
from France. 60-65 days.
Packet of 20 seeds: $1,49

Their minimum purchase is $3.00.
Shipping to the US is $2.00 no matter the order size.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
AgCanada Zone 5b
43º 17' 26.75" North
80º 13' 29.46" West
To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.