Old 19-01-2009, 05:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gail F. Gail F. is offline

Default move to Alabama

On Jan 18, 12:20 pm, ~ jan wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:10:01 EST, "Gail F." wrote:

Howdy - I used to live near San Antonio TX (& was once involved in the
creation of RPM), now I'm in the Huntsville AL area.

Gail, Welcome back. I bet if you installed a newsreader your ISP might
carry RPM. Otherwise there are other free newsreaders out there. Google
works, but I like that I can delete or save messages, and put them in alp

ha
and date order.

Don't worry too much about the raccoons, they can be dealt with. Make sur

they can't get their little paws thru whatever barrier you put between th

em
and the water.

After 12 years of only having one minor problem with them, my motion
sprinkler either wasn't turned up high enough or they'd gotten use to
it.... plus a population explosion in the area. I had 2 of them team up t

take one of my nicest, biggest, oldest fish. :'-( I've since put hot w

ire
(on a timer) around the koi ponds, so far no problems around the lily pon

d.
Now they just raid the squirrel feeder at night. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:www.jjspond.us

Hi Jan and Jim and all -

At the moment, my plan is to use coated chicken wire over the top of
the 150 gallon stocktank. There will also be several hiding places on
the bottom on the tank for the fish. If that doesn't sound sufficient
to deter raccoons, I'd love some advice, since I have at least a month
or two before I'll set up the tank.

It's cool that Phyllis knows the area I'm in now - or at least her
relatives do! I know who to ask for advice on lots of things.

Best - Gail