Old 20-01-2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default move to Alabama

Gail F. wrote:
Howdy - I used to live near San Antonio TX (& was once involved in the
creation of RPM), now I'm in the Huntsville AL area. My pond goldfish
(and indoor tropical fish) made the trip in temporary
"tanks" (Rubbermaid 18 gal rough totes) in our 31' RV, along with the
6 cats. The tanks had heaters and sponge filters. All made it fine.
The goldfish are in yet another temporary tank inside the house, this
one a 45 gallon plastic tank containing about 30 gallons of water.
Heater, a sponge filter and power filter. Doing ok. We brought
their "pond" - a 150 gallon Rubbermaid stocktank. Plan to set it up
on the back deck once DH puts additional bracing under the (raised)
deck and once temps get warmer. We're near woods and former owner said
he's seen raccoon and other wildlife so I will probably get serious
about putting some barrier over the top of the tank.

Anyway, I've missed reading newsgroups and thought I'd check back in
here. We now have a DSL line and I haven't figured out how to access
newsgroups directly - we no longer use Outlook Express which I used
before for ngs. Google should work ok since I don't tend to post
much.

Best to all - Gail

Welcome back I remember your name from the set-up. Yes, some pics
please.........pond, tanks, house and garden too
--
Pete C
London UK