Old 21-01-2009, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default I've got an allotment!

"mogga" wrote after Stewart Robert Hinsley
Might well have been but were they the old experienced gardeners doing
it?
Some of the keen "youngsters" have been trying to dig on our site,
they'll
learn (or give up).
You will also need to get in a supply of well rotted manure to dig in,

It's banned according to a poster up on the portacabin outside.
Something to do with weedklillers and things in it... I will be asking
about this as tbh it seems a bit mad.

Aminopyralid contamination. See, for example,

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...ler-manure.asp

So are there mountains of manure mounting up around the country?

Well there is on our allotment because someone is dumping it just over the
fence with a grab lorry!
Personally I won't use it as I get mine a year old, well rotted and ready to
use from someone I trust.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden