Old 21-01-2009, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default I've got an allotment!

On 21 Jan, 09:16, mogga wrote:
So are there mountains of manure mounting up around the country?

We thought the same thing! We haven't been spared last summer either,
but we haven't banned any manure. Luckily for us we were on holidays
and didn't get any from that batch. The main advice was to rotate the
ground thoroughly and this would speed up the break down of chemical.
However, we got another problem, many got potato wart disease and that
was very serious. Again, we decided last year not to do any spuds. I
was so so lucky. Now we must only grow varieties resistant to the
disease and we're not allowed to take any affected plant material off
the allotment site. We've got a list of the only varieties allowed.