Old 31-01-2009, 08:33 PM posted to alt.building.construction,rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Source for reverse-threaded (non-bulkhead) PVC fittings forgreenhouse?

On Jan 31, 2:51�pm, "ker_01" wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get standard-size, but reverse threaded PVC
fittings (1/2", 3/4", and 1" size)? I'm adapting a PVC greenhouse design,
and would need to be able to rotate a series of PVC pipes that cross the
structure and have that motion tighten them on both ends at the same time-
so one end would be standard thread, the other end would have to be reverse
thread.

The alternative is to just glue them all, but then my temporary greenhouse
becomes a permanet greenhouse...

I checked online, but so far the only reverse-threaded PVC I've been able
to find is bulkhead fittings, which isn't really what I need.

Thank you for any suggestions or possible sources,
Keith

Sounds like what you want is left hand pipe thread... you can buy LH
NPT taps and dies and do your own threading. There are also systems
that use cast metal fittings to erect structures of pvc and other
piping... the fittings use allen set screws:

http://tinyurl.com/ca5usf

http://www.teksupply.com/farm/suppli...ry=quik+klamps