Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default newspaper for mulch

"ljp other" wrote in message
I've seen suggestions for using newspaper for mulch and weed control.
No doubt this works, but I've always been concerned about toxins and
heavy metal build up.

I have a similar question regarding used Xerox copy paper. I have that in
abundance, and have been using it several layers thick as a kill mulch, but
I am concerned that the paper might not be good for the soil. Does anyone
know about copy paper?
--S.