Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM posted to alt.building.construction,rec.gardens
Cwatters Cwatters is offline

Default Source for reverse-threaded (non-bulkhead) PVC fittings for greenhouse?

"ker_01" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can get standard-size, but reverse threaded PVC
fittings (1/2", 3/4", and 1" size)? I'm adapting a PVC greenhouse design,
and would need to be able to rotate a series of PVC pipes that cross the
structure and have that motion tighten them on both ends at the same time-
so one end would be standard thread, the other end would have to be
reverse
thread.

Perhaps you can use turnbuckles and wire as used on boats. Thread it down
the inside of some pipe if you want ti covered..
http://shop.pinbax.com/items/R9030.jpg