Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default newspaper for mulch

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message

As far as I know, there is nothing particularly special about copy paper
these days. (I remember when "plain paper copier" was the new and
wonderful thing about copiers, so that may not have always been so.)

The black toner pigment is carbon and iron oxides. The carrier consists
of a resin with waxes and agents that respond to electrostatic charge.

I haven't any qualms about composting my shredded copy paper. Changing
the toner cartridge and cleaning the laser printer expose me to far more
toner than might come back to me from the entire gardening process.

That makes sense; thanks.
--S.