Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Neomarica

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:10:02 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 1/2/09 15:25, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 14:33:27 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 1/2/09 12:48, in article
, "Bob
Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote ...

Try
www.desirableplants.com

Despite the fact that we're practically neighbours, we'd never heard
of
them
until recently but they list what you're after. NB Mail Order by
post
only
- nobody can call at the Nursery and the address they give is not
where
the
Nursery is located, apparently.

Yet another rather interesting plant list, that's two new nurseries in
as
many days.

BTW they only seem to list the blue Neomarica caerulea not the yellow
N.
longifolia.

Thanks to all of your for your interest and comments. It's true that I'm
after Neomarica longifolia, but I will get in touch with Desirableplants and
see if they can offer any advice.

I first saw these plants in the countryside in Cuba a couple of years ago
and thought they were beautiful and unusual, but couldn't find out what they
were. It wasn't until I saw a similar plant (although not flowering at the
time) in a greenhouse at Lackham that I was able to put a name to it. They
are available in the U.S. and in New Zealand, but sadly not here. Will keep
looking.

Thanks again for your help.

someone