Old 02-02-2009, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Soft fruit cuttings help please

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
The message from "Bertie Doe" contains these words:

I believe fleece can be used, cheaper than netting, but may only last a
season.

Find a gamekeeper - they often have bits of wire/plastic netting which
has past it's use-by date.

My next door nabe is a farm worker and seems to know everyone in the region.
Fish net is quite cheap and I once got some online, for use as pea netting.
Unfortunately the holes are too large and it soon trapped a hedgehog. I
managed to untangle and no harm done, but I was itchy and scratchy for a
day.