Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_4_] Derek[_4_] is offline

Default where to see espaliers

"minnesota espaliest" wrote in message
Please, I am wanting to travel to the UK and France to see espaliers.
Can you please tell me where I can find public espalier displays? The
name of the garden and the location would be oh-so-helpful identifiers
for me.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Minnesota, US espaliest

Depends on whereabouts in the country you wish to visit North West England
( nr Manchester Airport ) Tatton Hall has a selection of fruit trees
http://www.gapphotos.com/imagedetail...imageno=120797 and is a
horticultural and historical gem A great many old halls do have espalliers
IIRC Wythenshawe Hall close to the airport did but I haven't visited the
walled garden for many years
Arley Hall ( about 5 miles from Tatton ) does have a selection.
Grappenhall a few miles further
http://www.ghwalledgarden.org.uk/Garden%20Today.htm
You can download the RHA garden finder
http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsgardenfinder/gardenfinder.asp
might be worth joining as members get free entry to a lot of places.
and of course you are handy for the Lake District.............
DerekW