Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_274_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_274_] is offline

Default Broad beans peeping through

"Broadback" wrote in message
Robert (Plymouth) wrote:

"Part_No" wrote in message
I sowed 50 broad beans a couple of days after christmas and have
been looking out for signs of growth every day, and to my amazement
after the snow melted (yesterday) what do I see?
A very close inspection reveals 14 very very young plants, as if
someone fired a starting pistol, cos today another 7 are poking out.

I had almost given up!

As a novice gardener this is wwwwooooooooow

Yes they are tough plants. My second lot are about the same as yours. If
you have room sow some more in March to make a succession of young beans
to pick.

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

No sign here of my Suttons, still hope perhaps then!

Yes they take ages to come through at this time of year especially when it's
so cold