Old 08-02-2009, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Tiny carrots overwintered--what do I do now?

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Suzanne D. wrote:

I don't want flowers; I want carrots. This doesn't really answer my
question. Are you saying that the roots will no longer grow, and that I
SHOULD pull them out now and replant? Or are you saying that the roots
WILL keep growing, but if I leave them too long next summer the tops will
flower? I guess I am just asking if I should pull these and replant now,
or if they will continue to grow into full sized carrots. Anyone know?
--S.

It's too late for the carrots. Even if they do get larger (which I doubt)
they will be tough and woody and nasty. All you have now is potential
flowers.

Thanks everyone. I'll pull them all up and start fresh on our next pleasant
day!
--S.