Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Aluckyguess[_2_] Aluckyguess[_2_] is offline

Default Best mix for tomatoes in pots?

Celebrity Bush and a big pot.
"Boron Elgar" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 05:52:13 -0600, geronimo
wrote:

I am in a rent house so I want to grow my tomatoes in pots. I have
tried growing individual tomato plants in 6 gal. pots with Miracle
Gro, but had poor results. Just a few puny fruit produced.

Cherry tomatoes do quite well in pots and there are many available
that are specific to such growing. Look for ones with "patio" in the
name.

You can grow full size tomatoes in larger tubs, though, and I do it
every year. Look for containers that are at least 20 inches.

Boron