Old 23-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Steve J. Noll

Default Green Water and UV Sterilizer

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:56:19 GMT, "Craig Cagle"
wrote:

Hi all,

I live in south Texas (zone 9) and we are already into spring it seems. The
temp today is 80! Anyway, the algae has definately started earlier than my
plants, and I can't see my goldfish until they surface! The water is
GREEEEN. My lilies are starting to reach the surface and there are new
signs of plant growth, but I am considering getting a UV for my 1000 gal.
pond to clear it up. Any suggestions of brand or size? Or should I wait and
see if the plant growth will slow the algae down?

Thanks in advance.
Craig

Aqua Ultraviolet is one of the top brands:
http://www.aquaultraviolet.com/

Whatever brand you get - don't buy the lowest power unit or you may be
disappointed by it's performance. People who have UV's are generally
overjoyed by their performance. The only complaint I've ever seen
about them is when someone bought one too small for their pond.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)