View Single Post
  #20   Report Post  
Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Feb 2009
Wink

Well I'II have to check the Albizia julibrissin, its 3+ years old in the same garden as that large Acacia that has gone brown.

Interestingly all the Grevilleas, 'Canberra Gem' etc, whilst I know they are pretty hardy have come through unscathed whilst some of the Callistemons (C. Citrinus etc.) have been cut back to the ground, whilst others like C. phoeniceus in a much more frosted situation have come through ok???

Don't know what the problem with Phormiums is, all the tenax and cookerium varieties here have come through no probs as with the 3' Cordyline Dark Star (Red) with 3" wide leaves unprotected, though the scrawny one in a pot next to it has dropped all its leaves, but the tips ok. Even got a crawny phormium in a pot came through.

Stupidly left my Phoenix palm out all winter along with potted Cannas...money down the tubes as they are all mush. Palms will regrow I reckon as spike is OK so far but leaves have gone.... Mulch is getting thin in a few gardens, hope I don't have loads of clients calling me up to ask where there Cannas have gone?? Hopefully they'll be OK as there is so much to them and they are so vigorious that a few rhizomes underneath survive when they are in the ground.