Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Noddy[_2_] Noddy[_2_] is offline

Default Transplanting?

I have a very special (3 ft) rose that needs transplanting this Spring, as
it is now too much in the shade. I don't want to prune it. Should I wait
until the buds start greening on the plant before digging it up, or before?
Then what is the best soil to place in the hole for the transplant - I'm
thinking the usual peat moss and organic matter. Do I then fertilize it
right away or not?. Any other tips? .... Noddy