Old 12-02-2009, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default Broad beans peeping through

Ed ex@directory wrote in news:4992D9B8.9060208@directory:

On 11/02/09 11:55, Part_No wrote:
(Steve Harris) wrote in
:

In article ,

(Part_No) wrote:

250!!! Wow that is an awful lot of broad beans!!

You growing anything else or have you got an enormous plot? What size
is it?

Ed

Ed, the allotment is 10m by 30m
250 beans 6" apart is just over 4 rows when you allow 1/2m for footpath.
We like our broad beans.(£1.78 the lot....thats 300 total with the ones I
already sowed))
We are going to grow these (attempt to that is)
Cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, swede.(brassicas)
Potatoes.. earlies(arran pilot), second earlies(maris piper), main crop
(maris piper)
Parsnip, carrot, beetroot peas. runner beans, onions, sweetcorn, salad

Maybe I'm taking on a LOT of work but from my small beginnings last year
with my salad crop and a few sucessful spuds and cabbage etc. in our garden
at home, and I got the bug and the stuff tasted soooo sweet when cooked
minutes from being harvested....mmmmmmmmmm

I have some af the above on my window cill in cells 40 per tray, ready to
plant on when they are mature enough and the weather lets me!

I don't expect everything to go to plan but I'm keen and can learn.

take care
Part_No