Old 11-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Shrub ID

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Kay Easton wrote:

In article .hx,
Kostas Kavoussanakis writes

There is a largish shrub currently in flower that I am keen to ID.
Its flowers are bright, deep pink and small but appear in hanging
clusters, like mini, upside-down hyacinth flowers. The leaves are like
small vine or maple leaves, with 3 clear "sections", deeply veined and
bright green.

Flowering currant? Does it smell of cats pee?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check the smell on Monday (though I
am not sure what cat pee smells like, I seem to recall a (herby?)
smell). I will also confirm the frills on the leaves, as per
Philippe's link and photo (thanks for that too).

I confirmed some kind of smell and the frills, so I believe it's a
Flowering currant. Many thanks for all the answers.

Kostas