Old 16-02-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel[_11_] Mel[_11_] is offline

Default Blueberry "Goldtraube"

"Donna UK" wrote
I brought a blueberry (Goldtraube) plant from Wilkinson last week and have
just looked it up online to find that one place says it is self fertile
and a few others say it is not self fertile. Does anyone have or ever had
one of these bushes and did it give a crop of do I need to local another
one of these bushes?

I have a Goldtraube, but I also have a Bluecrop and a couple of other
varieties. I grow them in pots of ericaceous soil. This website is very
scientific, but it might help - I think it basically says that Goldtraube is
self-fertile, but not very, and is best grown with another variety:
http://www.actahort.org/members/show...oknrarnr=241_6

Blubeberries are really easy to grow, so it's probably worthwhile getting
another variety.