Old 16-02-2009, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blueberry "Goldtraube"

Hi All

I brought a blueberry (Goldtraube) plant from Wilkinson last week and have
just looked it up online to find that one place says it is self fertile and
a few others say it is not self fertile. Does anyone have or ever had one
of these bushes and did it give a crop of do I need to local another one of
these bushes?

Thank you
Donna

Old 16-02-2009, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Donna UK" contains these words:

Hi All

I brought a blueberry (Goldtraube) plant from Wilkinson last week and have
just looked it up online to find that one place says it is self fertile and
a few others say it is not self fertile. Does anyone have or ever had one
of these bushes and did it give a crop of do I need to local another one of
these bushes?

Not had that one, but self fertile ones usually do better with a pollinator.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-02-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donna UK" wrote
I brought a blueberry (Goldtraube) plant from Wilkinson last week and have
just looked it up online to find that one place says it is self fertile
and a few others say it is not self fertile. Does anyone have or ever had
one of these bushes and did it give a crop of do I need to local another
one of these bushes?

I have a Goldtraube, but I also have a Bluecrop and a couple of other
varieties. I grow them in pots of ericaceous soil. This website is very
scientific, but it might help - I think it basically says that Goldtraube is
self-fertile, but not very, and is best grown with another variety:
http://www.actahort.org/members/show...oknrarnr=241_6

Blubeberries are really easy to grow, so it's probably worthwhile getting
another variety.

Old 16-02-2009, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Mel" contains these words:
"Donna UK" wrote
I brought a blueberry (Goldtraube) plant from Wilkinson last week
and have
just looked it up online to find that one place says it is self fertile
and a few others say it is not self fertile. Does anyone have or
ever had
one of these bushes and did it give a crop of do I need to local another
one of these bushes?

I have a Goldtraube, but I also have a Bluecrop and a couple of other
varieties. I grow them in pots of ericaceous soil. This website is very
scientific, but it might help - I think it basically says that
Goldtraube is
self-fertile, but not very, and is best grown with another variety:
http://www.actahort.org/members/show...oknrarnr=241_6

Blubeberries are really easy to grow, so it's probably worthwhile getting
another variety.

But beware of vine weevil.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-02-2009, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote
I brought a blueberry (Goldtraube) plant from Wilkinson last week

Blubeberries are really easy to grow, so it's probably worthwhile getting
another variety.

But beware of vine weevil.

Ah, yes, the evil weevil. They are a big problem in my garden, although
"touch wood" they've not troubled my blueberries. Of course, now that I've
said that, sod's law dictates that they'll be all over the place this year.