Old 17-02-2009, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Apple scrumping time

"K" wrote in message
George.com writes
Scungy apples outweigh eating apples about 3-1 however the trees were
unsprayed so what else can you expect.

Interesting - you must have worse pests than us. I don't spray, but
certainly get a much better ratio of good apples - keep for up to 6months
in storage.

I judiciously selected the apples on the side of safety. Anything that was
marked I automatically consigned to cider making. Can't be too careful what
children eat eh. Only downside is that now I will have to make lots of nice
cider with the 'unfit' apples. Damn.

rob