Old 17-02-2009, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Apple scrumping time

The message
from "George.com" contains these words:

I judiciously selected the apples on the side of safety. Anything that was
marked I automatically consigned to cider making. Can't be too careful what
children eat eh. Only downside is that now I will have to make lots of nice
cider with the 'unfit' apples. Damn.

Yes, you can't be too careful what children eat: they need loads of
stuff which is slightly 'off', at least half a peck of dirt, and
anything else which migh upset them.

Only then will they grow up to be free of allergies, hay fever, asthma, etc.

Make a couple of bottles less cider and give them some apples with
blemishes. Encourage them to dust-off something they've dropped at the
barbie, etc.

For a few episodes of a bilious nature you'll save them a lifetime of
other problems.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig