Old 17-02-2009, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default wanted: chive seeds

I've always thought of chives as a perennial. Perhaps you can check
with a neighbor and rip out some. Tear into small sections and plant.

Guess you know about Chinese chives?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives I like them as they flower
late and everything is edible and they attract pollinators and........

Same culture here concerning Garlic_chives tis better to propagate
established plants if possible. But if you want a certain plant and you
got the time go with the seeds.

Bill who wonders if many folks grow perennials from seed. I layering
kind of guy.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA