Old 20-02-2009, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Bird box + camera

In message , Pete C
writes

Pete C wrote:

In for a penny etc......picked one up today. Pic quality looks good
on test. However, inside box mught be a different matter. Hopefully
get it up and running by next weekend.

Well, it's up. Pic is great. With 6 IR LED's, the pic at night is as good as
day.

I also bought one and set it up, the night time picture being excellent,
as you say, in fact, the translucent side panels seem unnecessary, and I
wonder whether the birds might be put off.
I feed it into a DVD recorder, as I did with my camcorder, pointed at
the outside of the box when I caught 5 BTs fledging in 2006.
I'm still sorting out the final editing of the clips, which is tedious
unless you have a DVDR with good editing facilities. My ALDI one is
not as good as the Pioneer DVDR I bought since, so I had to transfer the
clips.

Now the question is, - will the blighters use the box?
I would have preferred to set it up in Autumn, with an external coat of
a darkish preservative.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply