Old 22-02-2009, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lilah Morgan[_2_] Lilah Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default Eager for spring

I've got tons of seeds I saved and got free from a nursery last year, plus
the new stuff I've gotten for this year, and I want to be able to start
planting them outside. I just wonder if I'll have enough space...we have
just over an acre here, but I've got seeds for quite a few herbs, pumpkins,
melons, lettuce, mustard greens, sunflowers(plus tons of other kinds of
flowers/decorative plants), beets, radishes, cabbage, okra, decorative
gourds(including luffa), cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers(hot and bell), corn,
kohlrabi, beans, quinoa, carrots, peas, squash, cucumbers, berries(Garden
Huckleberry, Sunberry, and Strawberry Spinach from Seed Savers), and plants
I've gotten this year(some of which won't be shipped to me for another 3
weeks or so) include 2 rhubarb, 3 roses(I'm trying to recreate my
grandmother's rose garden in her memory), 4 blueberries, 1 ginger root, and
others I can't remember right now...I wanna get a sugar maple and apricot
trees this year too....I just got done the other day making a list of the
germination and maturation timetables for each varieties of things I have,
so I know when I need to plant to have them ready for certain farmer's
market dates. The first one is about 111 days away. In about a week or so
I've got to start building raised beds and such for them all...I've also got
3 compost piles/homemade bins full of stuff that needs to hurry up and
finish composting so I can use it...what is everyone else planning to grow
this season?

Victoria, zone 5
--
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?