Old 22-02-2009, 11:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Black snakes

Trish Brown wrote:
terryc wrote:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:37:05 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Animals, fish and humans blunder onto a snake, and that's their main
objective.
To not be seen. Lunch comes their way...

Er which snakes have humans as part of their natural diet?
Even large mamals (small macropods) would be an exception.

FWIW, brown snakes take great pleasure in biting cows and their calves
in the paddock. We lost at least three or four a year to snakebite. I
don't know about black snake bite, but assume a RBB snake would bite a
large mammal if disturbed or trodden upon. That's not to say the
snakes *eat* large mammals, but they do bite them... ;-D

In my experience browns are much more aggressive. Blacks would rather run
than fight but I don't try to corner them to see how far I can push it!

David