Old 23-02-2009, 03:31 AM posted to aus.gardens
phil-c phil-c is offline

Default opinions on verti mowers

Jonno wrote:
Yes. Get rid of the lawn, plant some drought tolerant bushes, preferably
berries etc, and mulch them
Sell your mower and sit tin your deck chair drinking some VB's with the
well earned rest, and profit from the mower.....
Lawns are overated. PS you may have to join your local gym, as you will
loose fitness....

"phil-c" wrote in message
Lawns need a bit of TLC and with temps in high 40ś here
spiking the lawns with a pitch fork is getting all to hard .

Thinking of hiring a verti mower never having used one
any clues or opinions ?

Thanks Jonno all good advice except the lawns are watered by ground
hyper saline water
That goes through a Solar still and desalinated so I am trying to
return decent water to the ground water table thus doing my bit for
soil salinity
and playing about with solar matters is a hobby and part of my job

Also no excess water bills
In addition keeps the place a lot cooler and less use of the air
conditioners

Nice shade cloth 15x 15 structure out the back (with black poly on
top to pre heat the water before it goes to the solar still )
camper chairs and table with chess board and speakers on nice COOL
grass

Out side air temp at moment is 41 inside the REFUGE is a lovely 32
sort of a big kimberly cooler

I want to shade about 600 Square metres AFTER i get the lawns sorted
out hence my question .

That way can add extra solar still modules and increase the improved
water return .

In winter when it hits ZERO here substitute shade cloth with hot house
film and add 400 metres of garden divided into 10x 10 modules

Still at the moment is producing 3000 litres of water suitable for
gardens if not human consumption

Going for a grant on a pyramid made of glass or poly carbonate

as a town statement and community garden project using the improved
solar still technology .

Now back to VERTI mowers