Old 23-02-2009, 01:39 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default opinions on verti mowers

Lawns need a bit of TLC and with temps in high 40Å› here
spiking the lawns with a pitch fork is getting all to hard .

Thinking of hiring a verti mower never having used one
any clues or opinions ?
Old 23-02-2009, 03:04 AM posted to aus.gardens

Yes. Get rid of the lawn, plant some drought tolerant bushes, preferably
berries etc, and mulch them
Sell your mower and sit tin your deck chair drinking some VB's with the well
earned rest, and profit from the mower.....
Lawns are overated. PS you may have to join your local gym, as you will
loose fitness....

Old 23-02-2009, 03:31 AM posted to aus.gardens

"phil-c" wrote in message
Lawns need a bit of TLC and with temps in high 40Å› here
spiking the lawns with a pitch fork is getting all to hard .

Thinking of hiring a verti mower never having used one
any clues or opinions ?

Thanks Jonno all good advice except the lawns are watered by ground
hyper saline water
That goes through a Solar still and desalinated so I am trying to
return decent water to the ground water table thus doing my bit for
soil salinity
and playing about with solar matters is a hobby and part of my job

Also no excess water bills
In addition keeps the place a lot cooler and less use of the air
conditioners

Nice shade cloth 15x 15 structure out the back (with black poly on
top to pre heat the water before it goes to the solar still )
camper chairs and table with chess board and speakers on nice COOL
grass

Out side air temp at moment is 41 inside the REFUGE is a lovely 32
sort of a big kimberly cooler

I want to shade about 600 Square metres AFTER i get the lawns sorted
out hence my question .

That way can add extra solar still modules and increase the improved
water return .

In winter when it hits ZERO here substitute shade cloth with hot house
film and add 400 metres of garden divided into 10x 10 modules

Still at the moment is producing 3000 litres of water suitable for
gardens if not human consumption

Going for a grant on a pyramid made of glass or poly carbonate

as a town statement and community garden project using the improved
solar still technology .

Now back to VERTI mowers

Old 23-02-2009, 03:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

"phil-c" wrote in message
[...]

Sound really Cool.

Can you tell those blokes in Canberra that if you can do this, they can
reduce their power bill too by some innovations...?
PS must have cost you a pretty penny....

Old 23-02-2009, 04:01 AM posted to aus.gardens

Some info:
The best one first.
http://tinyurl.com/ak6h52
http://www.lawndoctor.com.au/commercial.asp
Hire machines
http://www.classichire.net.au/d125/verti-mower/

It would help ifyou gave us/me your location.

Old 23-02-2009, 04:10 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

"phil-c" wrote in message
[...]

Re cost not really made up of scraps bits scrounged from
universities and GOVT departments throwing stuff away

Some Irony there eh !

Every farm has off cuts and lengths of black poly pipe and joiners
laying about

Re Arguing with folk in Canberra and our own state It happens EVERY
DAY as part of my job under economic development and innovation

Hence I do crap like this after I am told it cant be done .

Some of the paper trail BEFORE change of Govt has words to the effect of

Dear Minister you will recall you said XXX was cost prohibitive or
difficult to achieve ::

Please find enclosed invoice of materials used and photos and movie on
cd of XXXX working and functioning along with energy Audit
supplied by your own department . I look forward to your response with
Interest procedures were later adopted evil grin

Or the Biggy Dear Ministers and Premiere I enclose a copy of
Hansard extracts dated xxx wherein you said xxxxx In addition I
enclose your joint recent response to me concerning xxxx

I have but one question

were you both lying in Hansard or are you lying in your recent response ?

MY career path sort of went downhill from that one
Now back to Verti Mowers

Old 23-02-2009, 04:16 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:
Some info:
The best one first.
http://tinyurl.com/ak6h52
http://www.lawndoctor.com.au/commercial.asp
Hire machines
http://www.classichire.net.au/d125/verti-mower/

It would help ifyou gave us/me your location.

Johno great help Thank you have just organised
a loan of one from Perth or purchase for $600 which I am told is cheap
has a Honda 6 HP on it just reconditioned seems a nick FIS to here

Re loc

29° 26' 60S Long (DMS) 116° 16' 0E
Mid west WA

Your help MUCH appreciated
Old 23-02-2009, 04:19 AM posted to aus.gardens

Yeah people with big heads are often paranoid about people like you....
I havent figured out, how when they are obviously voted in to be honest
enough to represent
the electorate, they misrepresent themselves....if you git my drift.
See next notes. Hope they help....Sounds like youre in Can barrow

"phil-c" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:

?

Old 23-02-2009, 04:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

"phil-c" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
Some info:
The best one first.
http://tinyurl.com/ak6h52
http://www.lawndoctor.com.au/commercial.asp
Hire machines
http://www.classichire.net.au/d125/verti-mower/

It would help ifyou gave us/me your location.

Johno great help Thank you have just organised
a loan of one from Perth or purchase for $600 which I am told is cheap
has a Honda 6 HP on it just reconditioned seems a nick FIS to here

Re loc

29° 26' 60S Long (DMS) 116° 16' 0E
Mid west WA

Your help MUCH appreciated

Gogole is my friend as it is yours...

Old 23-02-2009, 05:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:
seems a nick FIS to here Huh ? Whats that mean!

Nick = Bargain in local slang
FIS = Free in store (including freight) legal commercial term not
slang

As opposed to FOB
Old 23-02-2009, 08:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

"phil-c" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
seems a nick FIS to here Huh ? Whats that mean!

Nick = Bargain in local slang
FIS = Free in store (including freight) legal commercial term not
slang

As opposed to FOB

I am a bit concerned for you pommy hugging ausies over there... (Grin!)
Still glad to BOS.
Not even gonna ask about FOB or SOB

Old 23-02-2009, 09:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

"phil-c" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
seems a nick FIS to here Huh ? Whats that mean!

Nick = Bargain in local slang
FIS = Free in store (including freight) legal commercial term not
slang

As opposed to FOB

I am a bit concerned for you pommy hugging ausies over there... (Grin!)
Still glad to BOS.
Not even gonna ask about FOB or SOB

What ever John . Your assistance helped solve a problem that was giving
me some heart burn

Where are you ? As owe you a drink
Old 23-02-2009, 09:26 AM posted to aus.gardens

"phil-c" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:

"phil-c" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
seems a nick FIS to here Huh ? Whats that mean!

Nick = Bargain in local slang
FIS = Free in store (including freight) legal commercial term not
slang

As opposed to FOB

I am a bit concerned for you pommy hugging ausies over there... (Grin!)
Still glad to BOS.
Not even gonna ask about FOB or SOB

What ever John . Your assistance helped solve a problem that was giving
me some heart burn

Where are you ? As owe you a drink

I'm in Melbourne.
I've only been to WA twice, once on the way to Tassie.
The second time, I could speak the language, and youre definitely speaking
my language.
But it may be a bit difficult to drop in adrink at that distance. I
travelled the Nullabor and went from Norseman to Ceduna in one hit.
Boy were we without power, after arriving doing that stretch.
Saw the biggest aboriginal Cop ever on the WA/SA border. His gun was even
bigger.
After some heavy qeustioning, he ascertained we were lost Essendon
supporters and obviously going to be in mourning the next week.
I gave him a tip. I hope he took it.... Essendon won!
As far as the grass Vertical mower goes, I hope it does the job OK...
Those people seem great.

Old 23-02-2009, 06:50 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day phil-c,

for me mate a lawn left well enough alone will rejuvenate and grow
well when conditions improve ie.,. more rain.

lawns are very resource wastefull things, but the choice is yours to
make, not so sure i would do it if i was that way inclined, until rain
was imminenet though, as the ground will dry out more after the
opperation.

usually things like bowls greens benfit from this sort of work more
than the suburban lawn ever would.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:39:19 +0900, phil-c
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev