Old 23-02-2009, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default just got an email from the aos..

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:26:12 -0800 (PST) in jtill wrote:
On Feb 13, 6:19Â*pm, wrote:
They're going to close the gift shop, and close the gardens to the
public... Â*I'm down here now, conveniently enough. Â*Guess my timing's
good.... Â*

--j_a

Are Orchids as a hobby shrinking or is it just AOS?

I don't have raw data, but I can provide anecdotes :-).
My wife and I purchased significantly less orchid related things
in the past 14 months.

But my parents have discovered no-name cymbidiums and are looking at which
ones thrive in the heat on the patio in central North Carolina.

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.