Old 24-02-2009, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Large Hosta Suggestions

In article ,
wrote:

Greetings all from zone 7 - (6 weeks till spring) - Maryland

A question regarding hosta's. 'She who must be obeyed' mentioned that
she's
tired of the green and cream vaiaged hosta's that were adorning the walkway
for the past 10 years...(btw, I planted those myself, fed them, divided
them
and developed my green thumb with them... there's a little proudness over
here).

So, there are several spots in the landscape where a very large specimen
Hosta would
live nicely. Large meaning 3 foot tall, by about 6' around..... I
can't remember
the name of the Blue Hosta's that grow that large, but are there other
suggestions ??

Where would be a good place to purchase these plants Mail order works for
me,
as none of the local Big Boxes or Garden centers have much of a selection,
except
for the usual plants....

It's 6 weeks till spring.....I need to get out and do something for the
garden.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks !!

Peter

Elegans comes to mind.

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/cgi-l...egans&name.x=1
9&name.y=6&name=Go

May be cheaper some where else. White flower does have other blue
hosta's use them as a visual plant dictionary.

Bill who likes hosta mixed with caladiums especially white christmas.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA