Old 25-02-2009, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Mushy Agapanthus

On 25/2/09 14:15, in article , "Clive
Holden @hotmail.com" cliverholdenremove wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Our evergreen Agapanthus leaves have turned to mush. Anyone any idea if
we've lost the plants forever, or will they sprout again? As for an Arum
lily in a pot....... ;-(
--

I have six agapanthus planted in my front garden as young plants 3 years
ago. No problem with them at all overwintering in the ground till this year.

Yes, that's what ours look like. I'm hoping and praying they're okay.

Earlier this month the temperatures did fall to -9c overnight on a few
occasions so colder than the previous few winters. Guess I'll just have to
keep digits crossed as well! Good news though is that my "Lady Boothby"
fuschias seem to have survived ok in the ground with new bud shoots
appearing already! So much for them not being hardy!!

Clive in Kent

The forecast is a bit grim for later this week, I believe. So Lady Boothby
might enjoy a warm fleecy blanket if she's rarin' to go! ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com