Old 26-02-2009, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Patience, young Jedi

The message
from "Crundy" contains these words:

OK, so I should point out that I'm the impatient type. I have my spuds
chitting and have started my garlic off inside in pots to give them a head
start with the warmth. I was wondering if I need to start anything else off
now? I only have one of those little zip up greenhouses (just to get things
started) and am growing everything in pots / growbags on my patio. I have a
magic airing cupboard which causes any seeds left to germinate in there to
grow :-)
This year I'm growing:

Potatoes

Good Friday

Onions (sets)

When you do plant them, protect them from blackbirds, which will pull them up.

Butternut Squash

Plenty of time yet

Garlic

Probably too late, but if not, get them in yesterday

Tomatoes

Start under glass February is what I aim to do.

Aubergines

No idea (horrible pithy, yuchy, characterless things!), but I'd treat as
per tomatoes - and sweet peppers.

Peas

Read the destructions on the packet(s) - and beware of slugs.

"Firetounge" beans
Climbing Corgette

Plenty of time yet

Bolthardy Beetroot
Pick-and-come-again lettuce leaves
Radishes (dotted inbetween other things)

Whenever you like, and all through the year.

--
Rusty