Old 26-02-2009, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Patience, young Jedi

On Feb 26, 12:46*pm, "Crundy" wrote:

Do any of these need starting now, or should I shut the hell up and wait
until mid-march?

I hardly dare mention this in such august company, but my dear, old,
grumpy uncle (who rarely agreed with grandfather) told me when I was a
slip of a lad, "Plant by the weather, boy, not by the calendar." When
I had the audacity to show him what my gardening book said, he
replied, "Pah! plants can't read, boy!" So just keep that in mind and
you won't go far wrong.