Old 27-02-2009, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default daff's and hyacynths are peeking up!

BD wrote:
We've had a long, hard winter. Due to be in the teens and 20's again this
weekend....but I saw some green!!!

Pittsburgh, Zone 6

I was up in Belle Vernon for two weeks because of a family emergency and I
didn't notice anything close to blooming -- maybe nights getting down to
the low teens had a hand in that. When I got back here last Tuesday I found
that a considerable number of unidentified yellow daffodils were blooming.
Same with the crocus that pop up in the lawn. Then this morning I noticed
that the Ice Follies daffodils were popping open along the driveway. The
only bad thing is that they last for such a short time and it will be a
long gap until the daylilies start to bloom.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]