Old 12-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Mr. Chaos 007

Default shade tol. vines?

I would try maybe a purple potato vine, even a hops vine if you are into
something like that. Also Passion flowers would work great for that
location. They have beautiful and very intense shaped flowers. We sell these
all and have a pretty good selection now.

Good Luck
dave
Gardens of the Ancients
www.gardensoftheancients.com

"Betsy" wrote in message
Hi all - I have a large planter built onto the house and about 5 feet off
the ground. It gets a few hours of direct morning sunlight and then

several
hours of bright indirect light. Any advice about cascading vining plants I
could put in it, something that would tolerate summer heat but not need

much
direct light? the planter is no more than 18 inches deep so it probably
couldn't be a large woody vine, just something herbaceous.

thanks! betsy