Old 28-02-2009, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default meconopsis cambrica

Clarissa wrote ...
I am new to this group but being from just ouside Vancouver, our weather is
very similar to southern UK. I have tried to grow this plant from seed
last year by direct sowing but nothing germinated. Does anyone have any
hints on how to be successful with this lovely plant? I have a lot of
shade and believe this would be excellent in that situation.

Sorry, but I just sprinkled the seed on our garden years ago and it came up
and has done so every year since. Perhaps you are trying too hard.
I think it needs light to germinate so if you are covering the seed perhaps
that's the problem.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden