Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Summer growth

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
After recent heavy rain my place is getting a late summer growth spurt.
The grass is growing while you look at it. The birds are so happy. I
have some new species in the shrubs near the house so now the dawn chorus
has another voice. I wonder if any of them are going for the opportunity
of another breeding season. The more there are to pick over the manure
the better. I feel so much more comfortable than a month ago and not just
because it is cooler. Now I just need to get my winter veges started.

Skite! Mutter, mumble, grumble as my garden becomes desiccated.....