Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Dahlias

The message
from "wanderer" contains these words:

Hi there, I have just bought some 'low growing bedding dahlias' and some
'pompom dahlias' these are just corms not actual plants. Can you tell me
when it will be ok to plant them? also they are in bags, is it safe to
leave
them in there?

They may be tender, so I'd wait until the end of April. You could always
start them off in pots, though.

And in the autumn, leave a few tubers in the ground and see what happens.

--
Rusty