Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nan Nan is offline

Default Muskrat is gone!

On Feb 28, 10:37 pm, Bonnie NJ wrote:
We caught the muskrat and he is gone! It may be some time until we
are able to find and fix the pond liner. The forecast is for ice and
snow tonight!. Maybe the mud will settle and we will be able to see
the fish again. Looking forward to catching the fish, draining and
cleaning the pond and repairing the hole or holes.

Yay, congrats to ya!! May you find the liner in good condition rather
than bad.
We've not seen any critters for 19 yrs of ponding, except one turtle
and one water snake that was trying to bite DH as he got it out. The
turtle was sent on his way, and the snake killed as we have grandsons
that are here often. We do not usually kill snakes - have cut a few
loose from the netting and turned them loose, but this guy was too
aggressive to take a chance with the boys.
Here's hoping we, collectively in NJ & DE, do not get the 8 - 12
inches of snow forecasted for today and tomorrow.
Bring on Spring, flowers, green, warm sun & pool!! We were with our
dau last yr this time in ARUBA, and they are there now!! We are just
about green with envy!!! And longing for summer!!!
Happy ponding,
Nan in DE