Old 01-03-2009, 03:37 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Muskrat is gone!

We caught the muskrat and he is gone! It may be some time until we
are able to find and fix the pond liner. The forecast is for ice and
snow tonight!. Maybe the mud will settle and we will be able to see
the fish again. Looking forward to catching the fish, draining and
cleaning the pond and repairing the hole or holes.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:37:47 EST, Bonnie NJ wrote:

We caught the muskrat and he is gone!

I bet that's a relief. I'm going to hope for no holes. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nan Nan is offline

On Feb 28, 10:37 pm, Bonnie NJ wrote:
We caught the muskrat and he is gone! It may be some time until we
are able to find and fix the pond liner. The forecast is for ice and
snow tonight!. Maybe the mud will settle and we will be able to see
the fish again. Looking forward to catching the fish, draining and
cleaning the pond and repairing the hole or holes.

Yay, congrats to ya!! May you find the liner in good condition rather
than bad.
We've not seen any critters for 19 yrs of ponding, except one turtle
and one water snake that was trying to bite DH as he got it out. The
turtle was sent on his way, and the snake killed as we have grandsons
that are here often. We do not usually kill snakes - have cut a few
loose from the netting and turned them loose, but this guy was too
aggressive to take a chance with the boys.
Here's hoping we, collectively in NJ & DE, do not get the 8 - 12
inches of snow forecasted for today and tomorrow.
Bring on Spring, flowers, green, warm sun & pool!! We were with our
dau last yr this time in ARUBA, and they are there now!! We are just
about green with envy!!! And longing for summer!!!
Happy ponding,
Nan in DE

Old 01-03-2009, 08:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Congratulations. How exactly did you trap it?

Jim

Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 1, 3:18 pm, Jim and Phyllis wrote:
Congratulations. How exactly did you trap it?

Jim

I was washing dishes and happened to glance out the window and saw it
sitting munching on something. Called for Ralph and between the two
of us we netted the critter with a fish net. It had run up the water
fall and into the veggie filter, which was almost completely frozen.
So the critter couldn't get back into the water. It hadn't gone near
the trap. Ralph disposed of the critter. We know there is a hole in
the pond, at least one.
The ground is now covered with the latest snow fall. It is still
coming down - the prediction is for up to a foot of snow. I'm just
happy that the muskrat is no longer in the pond. I think the sound of
the waterfall attracted the animal. We will return to just having the
airstone and bubbler from now on - no more running water during the
winter, which we have done in the lower pond for 3 years now.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

anyone need a bag of Buffalo grass seed? *GONE* Dave-tx Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 2 30-01-2003 12:44 PM
has the FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 1 30-01-2003 12:41 PM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 0 30-01-2003 06:26 AM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 0 30-01-2003 05:56 AM