Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 AM posted to de.alt.augenoptik,rec.gardens

Default Can I use my shit as fertilizer in my garden?

Jacques De Molay wrote:
I do pay a lot of $$$ for my food, so my shit is
still quite valuable and I refuse to shit in my toilet and
give it away for free.

So can I use my shit as a fertilizer for my garden?

No, too many pathogens, too much chance of passing around bad germs in the
ground water or by direct contact. Just because this has been a practice in
some parts of the world doesn't make it a good idea on balance.

David